Do you have a question about a book?
E-mail the Circulation/Interlibrary Loan Librarian at TFrie@elinlib.org
Hobbs Public Library welcomes patrons who wish to acquire a library card. The library card is needed to check-out materials from our large collection of books, DVDs, CDs and audio books. The first library card is free and a replacement is $5.00.
- Adults who can provide a Lea County, New Mexico government-issued photo ID qualify for a library card.
- Adults holding an out-of-state ID or an out-of-Lea-County ID, see the section on Temp ELIN cards.
- Must provide contact person at different address.
- Students 5 through 17 must be added on to a parent/legal guardian’s application and the issued card is given directly to the responsible party.
Temporary ELIN Card
- A Temp-ELIN card has a limited 5-item borrowing limit, and only one patron per card, no children can be added.
- Patron is required to provide Lea County proof of address or a postcard will be mailed to verify.
- A Temp-ELIN card is required when a patron has an out-of-Lea County government-issued photo ID and the patron is required to reside in Lea County for a minimum of six months (6).
Check-out Limits and Item Renewals
- All items may be renewed twice if not on hold
- Books- No limit (except non-fiction only 5 on the same subject) loan period- 3 weeks
- Periodicals- No current issues, 5 per card - loan period – 3 weeks
- Cassettes and audio books; 5 per card - loan period—3 weeks
- DVDs – 4 per card; loan period – 1 week
- Music CDs – 2 per card; loan period—1 week
Overdue Fines - Maximum Fine Per Item $10.00 Each for HPL Material:
- All HPL materials with a three-week checkout date –$.05 per day item.
- All HPL materials with a one-week checkout date - $.50 per day item.
- All Interlibrary Loan material has the due date on the cover - $.50 per day item.
Hobbs Public Library Patrons May Use This Card at the Following Locations: